- Complete your Profile in the Global Learning Portal
- Confirm that you meet all of the Eligibility Requirements for the program.
- Confirm deadlines and capacity. Check to see if your program has limited capacity to confirm that your program is still open before submitting the Partner Program Nomination Form.
- Fill out the Global Learning Approval (GLA) Form to obtain academic approval from your Major/Minor and College. This step can take 2-3 weeks and it is recommended that you start early! You will need to upload a PDF of your completed GLA Form in Step 5.
- Submit the Partner Program Nomination Form for your program in the Global Learning Portal by the deadline which requires:
- The completed Global Learning Approval Form
- Copy of your passport that expires no sooner than 6 months after the end of your program. Due to passport processing delays, we cannot process your Nomination Form without your valid passport copy. See Department of State for more information.
- Nomination Forms are processed first come, first serve. As long as you meet the eligibility requirements, and the program is not full for limited capacity programs, you will be nominated to participate.
- Apply directly to the Partner Program or host university. Further instructions on this process will be provided after your nomination.
There is a Non-Refundable Global Learning Application Fee charged through your MyUCSC account within 8 weeks of submitting your application. API, ISA and TEAN Partner Programs have a $200 application fee, and Exchange Partner Programs have a $300 application fee.
You must have a passport that is valid, signed, and expires at least 6 months after the return date of the program you are applying to at the time of application. It is required that you upload a valid photograph of your passport, OR the receipt from when you applied for you passport (for students who have recently applied) to apply for a Partner Program. If you do not have a valid passport you should email email@example.com before continuing with your application.