Select one of the following programs to learn how to apply.
Do you have a valid passport?
All international programs require passports that are valid up to 6 months after the end of your program. Passports are not required for domestic travel.
Note: Passport processing services have been delayed due to COVID-19.
If you are a U.S. citizen:
- Visit the U.S. Passports section on the U.S. Department of State’s website for information on how to obtain or renew your passport.
- March 2023 Update from U.S. Department of State: Routine service can take up to 10-13 weeks to process. Processing times do not include mailing times. Mailing times vary across the country. It may take up to two weeks from the day you apply until your application is “in process.” It may take another two weeks for you to receive a completed passport in the mail after it is printed. Consider the total time it will take to receive your passport. Expedited service (for an additional $60) can take up to 7-9 weeks to process. Processing times do not include mailing times. Mailing times vary across the country. It may take up to two weeks from the day you apply until your application is “in process.”
- If you are located in Santa Cruz, the nearest location to get your passport processed and photos taken is USPS on Front Street. Schedule an appointment at this location here. Be sure to bring the completed forms and required documents to your appointment.
- For more information about obtaining a passport, please see this How to Apply for a US Passport video produced by UC Riverside.
If you are not a U.S. citizen:
- Refer to your nation’s Embassy or Consulate for information on how to obtain or renew your passport.
Did you know that many applications do not require a passport at the time of the application deadline? Many programs require a passport later in the process after you have been officially nominated or accepted. Check the application requirements for your program and email us if you have any questions.
If you have questions, please contact the Global Learning team at email@example.com.